Sunday, June 1, 2008

Reach

I feel the burn as I leap from the ship,
No chute, no pod, just this suit I'm in,
I spring out my rifle, and shoot from the hip,
I need to start killing, if I'm going to win.
The Ground's rushing up, I brace myself

I broke through a tree
And smacked into the ground
My MJOLNIR mark V
Is burnt black and brown
But I'm still alive and here comes the first wave

Gunned another one down,
It fell with a whimper
As I shot my last round
Things just seemed to get simpler
Then I saw the Wraith

Some of my squad mates were there
I picked up a frag
And jumped on the tank without personal care
I ripped open the drag
And blew the whole thing away

We got to the caves
And we waited for EVAC
Are situation was grave
And all lifelines were slack
But we never loose.

2 comments:

writerwoman said...

Wow. So intense! You made me feel like I was there. Great job on this poem.

J. S. Clawson said...

Ah, makes me want to jump into the world of Halo right now! Great imagery in this one, thanks for sharing it. :-)